Thursday, July 30, 2009

Cauliflower peanut stirfry



I came across this recipe in Tarla Dalal’s ‘Cooking under ten minutes’ cookbook.
She had not added a picture to it. But , from the recipe, I assume it has some sauce to it. But I omitted the water she had added in the final stage and reducing the quantity of milk, I achieved a dry curry. I also added paprika, and in the place of butter used oil. The result was a stirfry which has juicy cauliflower florets that are complemented by the crunchiness of crushed peanuts. It made an excellent starter.
Ingredients:
1 cup cauliflower florets
½ cup peanuts, roasted and crushed
1tablespoon oil
¼ tablespoon peanut butter
2 tablespoons, crushed paprika
2 tablespoons milk
Salt




Wash cauliflower and cook in salted boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain water and keep aside.
In a heavy bottomed pan, heat oil and add a teaspoon of the crushed peanut.
Saute for few minutes and lower the flame, add the milk and peanut butter. When they blend well add paprika and salt.
Add cooked cauliflower and toss them gently to be well coated with the sauce. Continue to cook until all moisture evaporates.
Serve hot as starters or with rotis/phulkas or pulaos.

This goes to JFI- Peanuts hosted by Cook's Hideout initiated by Indira of Mahanandi.

8 comments:

  1. Delicious..I too have an award for u here http://simpleindianfood-blogroll.blogspot.com/2009/07/kreativ-blogger-award.html...enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy cauli peanut fry.. you can send this to Pavani's JFI-Peanut event..! at http://cooks-hideout.blogspot.com/2009/06/announcing-jfi-august-09-peanuts.html..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you EC for passing the award.I shall congratulate the others thro' this now and will drop a line in their spaces later. @ Sanghi, I have sent it dear, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very unique recipe!my kid loves cauliflower,he will enjoy for sure:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Rajeshwari. I hope so too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting recipe Lata. Thanks for sending this over to JFI: Peanuts.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
Welcome and thank you for taking time to drop by.
I appreciate your valuable comments and tips.
I sincerely hope to improve with them.
Hope we shall interact often.
Thanks once again,
Lata Raja.